You may have heard the phrase choice and accountability before – this idea that we make choices and then there will be consequences that we have to deal with. Well, today, I want to turn this around to show you how being accountable for everything that happens in our lives, good or bad, actually gives us more choice and freedom than you could ever imagine.
Our brains don’t like us holding ourselves accountable in some situations, so you’re definitely going to get some pushback on this. But when you can develop the habit of looking at every result in your life and analyzing how either you made it happen or you came up short in some way, that’s where the real growth happens.
Join me on the podcast this week and discover the power of taking responsibility for every aspect of your life and the amazing things that will happen when you can see life as something that is happening for you instead of to you. I’m sharing the three things that, if you can take responsibility for, then every result in your life will become positive.
Better Than Happy Live is coming back to Salt Lake City, Utah on February 7th. Click here for more information and to book your spot for a day of live coaching and a live podcast!
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- The difference between being accountable for something and blaming yourself.
- Why we can be reluctant to accept accountability in our lives.
- How to accept accountability without having to beat yourself up.
- Why we don’t need to worry about being perfect in this life.
- How we can show compassion for others when they don’t hold themselves accountable.
- The 3 things in your life that are the most powerful to take responsibility for.
Mentioned on the Show:
- Join me for the next Ask Jody Anything coaching call!
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!