As human beings, are all naturally inclined to seek approval. If we can’t get other people’s approval, then at least we want them to understand us. If this sounds like you, that doesn’t mean you’re insecure or that you’re weak. It just means you’re a human being with a human brain.
However, have you really stopped to consider why you crave this approval and whether or not it’s really serving you? You are allowed to think whatever you want to about yourself. Did you know this? You don’t need the approval of anyone else, and I want to show you how you can start living this way right now.
Join me on the podcast this week as I share how to exercise your power to allow people to be wrong about you. If you’re a long-time listener of the podcast, you’ll know that we don’t need to worry about anybody’s feelings apart from our own. And the opinions of others, especially when they’re about you, are no different.
Join me for the next Ask Jody Anything coaching call!
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- Why we will always care about what other people think to a certain extent.
- What we really mean when we say that we want other people to understand us.
- How we sometimes criticize ourselves before other people get the chance to.
- The ways I was concerned about other people’s opinions of me, especially when I started life coaching.
- Why allowing other people to be wrong about us, with grace, is the best decision we can make for all parties.
- How I became okay with allowing other people to be wrong about me, and how you can do the same.
Mentioned on the Show:
- Join me for the next Ask Jody Anything coaching call!
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!