People keep telling me how unsettled and scared they feel about how the future seems so unknown and uncertain right now. We don’t know when the social distancing protocol is going to be lifted, or what’s going to happen to the economy, and everything feels like it’s up in the air. This is what I’m addressing on the podcast today, and I’m offering you some key thoughts that you can practice to move through this time with more ease.
I’m touching on the feeling of disappointment on this episode in line with the idea of an unknown future. We make plans and think we’re going to do something in the future, but we can be wrong. My family and I planned a trip to Hawaii over spring break, but we were wrong about that because we’ve been told to shelter-in-place. And it’s okay to feel disappointed, but I want to share how I think about this emotion so that you can try these thoughts on and see if you can reframe it a way that serves you better.
Join me today as I show you the truth about our future. It may feel incredibly uncertain right now, with a lot of people feeling the exact same way, but it could also be true that you’ve never known what your future will entail. I’m also sharing my thoughts on how, even if we could, knowing the future would be taking away from our human experience.
Don’t forget to grab the Podcast Roadmap if you haven’t already! It will walk you through the episodes that will get you up to speed on everything that I teach here.
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- The truth about the future.
- What happens when you resist the feeling of disappointment.
- How you can choose to never feel disappointed if you want.
- Why knowing what is coming in the future would create a different experience for us and wouldn’t bring as much relief as you might think.
- How I’m thinking about the future right now.
Mentioned on the Show:
- When you’re ready to take what you’re learning on the podcast to the 10X level, then come check out Be Bold.
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!