I like to think of the brain as a computer. Your brain itself is the hardware, and your brain has a software program it runs that I like to call “Something Is Wrong”. This program usually manifests as two thoughts/feelings: something is wrong with my life, and/or something is wrong with me.
The Something Is Wrong software has helped humans evolve into our big-brained, danger-aware selves. It’s meant to keep us safe and stay alive. But oftentimes, the Something Is Wrong software is activated even when it doesn’t need to be. And that can throw us into a tailspin of wondering whether there’s something fundamentally wrong with who we are and the decisions we’ve made throughout our lives.
In this episode, I talk all about this brain software and how it shapes your thoughts, feelings, and actions. I share some of the most common situations where the Something Is Wrong tape starts playing, and encourage you to practice building some distance between you and these thoughts. And I also discuss whether or not we should try to change this software or just try to work with it.
Join me for the next ASK JODY ANYTHING! Come with your biggest challenge or question. Leave with answers and tools. Grab your spot today!
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- Why the brain runs a software I like to call “Something Is Wrong.”
- Two ways that the brain’s Something Is Wrong software manifests.
- How our brains look to the past to find evidence to prove that something is wrong with our lives or with us.
- Whether or not we want or need to change this brain software.
- How to start observing the Something Is Wrong software operating in your life.
- Why our motivation to change and improve doesn’t have to be so heavy.
Mentioned on the Show:
- Come hang out with me in Seattle at Better Than Happy Live! I’ll be there in June to spend a whole day with you, give you a taste of coaching, and record a live podcast all about how to create a deliberate future. My Utah date in April is all sold out, so hurry and grab your tickets!
- Eckhart Tolle
- Join me for the next Ask Jody Anything coaching call!
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!