Since I was lucky enough to speak at Brigham Young University’s Women’s Conference, I have been asked many times to share on the podcast what I spoke about on that day. All the speakers were given a topic to talk about, and mine was one which we can all relate to; obedience.
Obedience holds a huge space in life, and especially a life in which we follow the direction of our Heavenly Father’s plan for us. That said, disobedience is inevitable for every single person on this planet, but how we handle our disobedience and the disobedience of others holds incredible power for shaping how we move forward from there.
Join me on the podcast this week as I share my talk from the BYU Woman’s Conference and discuss some stories from my own life, with regards to my own obedience and that of others, which hopefully will reframe the way you consider your role in keeping the people in your life on the right track.
Join me for the next ASK JODY ANYTHING! Come with your biggest challenge or question. Leave with answers and tools. Grab your spot today!
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- How I consider obedience to be entangled with perfectionism.
- Why disobedience is inevitable for every one of us.
- How guilt can be useful but shame keeps us stuck in the trap of disobedience.
- What we can do to reduce the power that shame holds over us, no matter how deeply you are in it.
- The role we play and how to consider how we project our thoughts about the disobedience of others.
Mentioned on the Show:
- Come hang out with me in Seattle at Better Than Happy Live! I’ll be there in June to spend a whole day with you, give you a taste of coaching, and record a live podcast all about how to create a deliberate future.
- Brené Brown
- Brené Brown on Netflix
- Join me for the next Ask Jody Anything coaching call!
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!