I haven’t been super vocal about the topic of racism, but I considered my hesitation for not speaking up and I decided I didn’t like those reasons. While I understand that as a white woman living a privileged life, I am not the best person to speak up on this topic, I do, however, understand the human brain and I have some thoughts to share today that I think will be useful.
We all have thoughts rattling around in our brains that are there due to our conditioning. Whether it’s race, gender, sexuality, education level, or anything else, we all have subconscious thoughts that say these determine superiority over others. The subconscious brain is a complex part of us that has been conditioned throughout our entire lives, and so it’s important to dig in and gain awareness of the thoughts there to start questioning whether we truly like and want to keep them.
Listen in today as I show you how to start examining your thoughts and three things that will sabotage your ability to do so. Coaching isn’t about getting rid of your thoughts, but rather assessing which ones serve you. I’m sharing some ways that I’m attempting to contribute to the solution, and I hope you find them useful too.
Don’t forget to grab the Podcast Roadmap if you haven’t already! It will walk you through the episodes that will get you up to speed on everything that I teach here.
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- Why I was hesitant to record this episode and why I’m deciding to speak up anyway.
- How we are conditioned to believe there are superior and inferior human beings.
- Why our subconscious brain is so complex.
- 3 things that will sabotage your ability to examine your thoughts.
- Why you have to be slow and cautious about bringing awareness to your thoughts.
- How to identify what thoughts are useful to you.
- 7 ways to contribute to the solution.
Mentioned on the Show:
- When you’re ready to take what you’re learning on the podcast to the 10X level, then come check out Be Bold.
- Life of Privilege Explained in a $100 Race
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!