Feelings motivate everything we do. We want to feel good and we resist the very idea of entertaining something that might make us feel bad. Everything we do, we do to experience the feeling that we think will come along with an achievement.
Whether it’s losing weight, financial freedom, or being closer to Heavenly Father, our brain jumps to the actions that will get us there. We have always been taught that the best way to make it happen is to go for a run, to pay off our debts, or to read scripture furiously until we’re exhausted. We want to take action first. Well, it’s time to put our feelings first.
Tune into this week’s episode to discover how you can make every goal you set for yourself so much easier by choosing to put your feelings first. Sure, you can try losing weight by running yourself into a body shape you can begin to think about loving, or pay off your debts so you can start to feel financially free. But if you could feel that financial freedom or love your body first, trust me, you will 10X your progress in everything you set your mind to.
Join me for the next ASK JODY ANYTHING! Come with your biggest challenge or question. Leave with answers and tools. Grab your spot today!
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- Why feelings are such a motivator for us and everything we want in our future.
- How we only feel feelings in the present, even those based on past and future events.
- Why the worst thing that can happen to us is truly experiencing a negative emotion.
- How every decision or opinion we hold, even about other people, always comes back to an emotion that we either feel or fear feeling.
- Why this thought process of trying to dictate your emotions doesn’t make you selfish.
- How you can leverage awareness of your feelings to 10X every aspect of your life.
- Why choosing to feel your desired emotion first gives your actions the best chance of success.
Mentioned on the Show:
- Come hang out with me in Seattle at Better Than Happy Live! I’ll be there in June to spend a whole day with you, give you a taste of coaching, and record a live podcast all about how to create a deliberate future.
- Join me for the next Ask Jody Anything coaching call!
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!