In my work as a coach, one thing that I notice comes up for a lot of people is they have some idea of what “it” is that they want, but they seem to think that the easiest way to get “it” would be some kind of step-by-step guide or a proven method that they could follow. Let me tell you right now, that’s not the way to go out there and get “it.”
I’ve talked on the podcast before about how we go after things not because we want the thing, but because we want how we think “it” will make us feel. So if there were a manual on how to get it, what would we learn from the experience when we eventually get our hands on “it”?
Join me on the podcast this week as I unpack an idea I’ve been sitting with for a while. Whatever “it” is to you – it could be marriage, children, a new car, a new job, a business of your own – I have 5 elements to consider that could be holding you back from going and getting “it” and how to overcome these hurdles.
As well as ASK JODY ANYTHING, I’m hosting a couple of webinars over the next few weeks around dealing with anxiety and how to deal with loved ones questioning or leaving the church. Click here to find out more.
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- Why there is no such thing as an overnight success.
- How our brains have us believe that we understand “the way things work” in this world, and how wrong we can be.
- Why we make up stories about why things are hard when time gets tough, and why we have to ignore our stories.
- How a willingness to keep going will help you get “it” so much easier than setting yourself an impossible standard.
- Why you are the only person who can get out there and learn how to get “it” for you.
Mentioned on the Show:
- Come hang out with me in Utah at Better Than Happy Live! I’ll be there in September to spend a whole day with you, give you a taste of coaching, and record a live podcast all about how to create a deliberate future.
- Be Bold
- Join me for the next Ask Jody Anything coaching call!
- Curly Girl: The Handbook by Lorraine Massey
- The Life Coach School
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!