When I became certified as a coach, I went through the process alongside my mother. This raised some questions for my father, who now found himself surrounded by the women in his life discussing something he didn’t really think very highly of at first. He even thought it was a little self-centered. As you can imagine, I tried to think of ways I could show him the power of this work, but as time passed, I didn’t really have to.
I did struggle myself early on with the notion of what learning about this mindset tool means about my faith in Heavenly Father, especially being that there is no mention of The Model in the scripture. But when you look a little deeper, it might have more relevance than first appears obvious. That’s where the Good Fruit comes in.
Join me on this episode as I discuss the process of incorporating my work as a life coach into my beliefs as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Discover not only how I came to see the two as compatible, but also what made my father realize the importance of the work I’m doing, not only for me, but for everyone in my community.
As well as ASK JODY ANYTHING, I’m hosting a couple of webinars over the next few weeks around dealing with anxiety and how to deal with loved ones questioning or leaving the church. Click here to find out more.
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- How I struggled with the idea that the work I’m doing was not necessarily the work of Heavenly Father.
- Why we have to be cautious about what we choose to believe.
- How we convince ourselves things are true, especially when we see others who believe it.
- 3 stories that make me truly confident that there is nothing self-absorbed about self-help.
- What made me realize that there are incredible examples of The Model in the scriptures.
- How I define the fruits of my work as a life coach.
- Why you will know whether you’re on the right path by the fruit you produce.
Mentioned on the Show:
- Come hang out with me in Seattle at Better Than Happy Live! I’ll be there in June to spend a whole day with you, give you a taste of coaching, and record a live podcast all about how to create a deliberate future.
- Join me for the next Ask Jody Anything coaching call!
- Kim Giles
- 99. Individual Worth with Kim Giles
- Choosing Clarity by Kim Giles
- Abducted in Plain Sight on Netflix
- The Carbonaro Effect on Netflix
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!