The work I do in my coaching practice is to help my clients become the next version of themselves. We go through this life as human beings and some of our growth and development happen naturally as our brains and bodies mature, but the road of life is paved with opportunities to grow and evolve into that next version of ourselves. And how we understand pain is a huge part of that.
When the people around us are in pain, there is always a part of us that wants to solve their pain immediately. And that makes total sense on some level. It would make them feel better right away, and it would make us feel better that they’re not experiencing that pain anymore. But I want to pose today that this is never the solution and, instead, we should mourn with those who mourn.
There’s a lot of pain going around at the moment, so tune in this week to understand where pain comes from for you and your role in the pain of others. I’m playing a game of true or false with some common beliefs about pain, and while some of the results might be uncomfortable, heeding these lessons will be an amazing opportunity for growth, both for you and those around you.
Don’t forget to grab the Podcast Roadmap if you haven’t already! It will walk you through the episodes that will get you up to speed on everything that I teach here.
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- Why we naturally strive for growth as human beings.
- The losses being mourned by so many people during this pandemic.
- Why you or anybody else experiencing pain doesn’t mean anything’s gone wrong.
- Your role in the pain you and the people around you may be experiencing.
- Why the Lord doesn’t send relief from pain, but what he does send is so much better.
- What the scriptures have taught me about pain on Earth.
Mentioned on the Show:
- When you’re ready to take what you’re learning on the podcast to the 10X level, then come check out Be Bold.
- Untamed by Glennon Doyle
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!