I’ve always said that I see The Model in the scriptures and I regularly get requests from you guys to share with you exactly where and how I see this work in our doctrine. Well, this week on the show I have the perfect example of how I see The Model and how it translates through the Book of Ether 2, chapter 24.
I take so much comfort from the stories in the Book of Ether. It has been such a revelation in my life and, if you take these lessons on board, it can be for you too. I’m recounting the story of our Lord instructing the Brother of Jared to set sail for the Americas, and how he was told he would be okay because the boats were built tight, like unto a dish.
Listen in this week as I provide insight as to where the work I do as a coach transcends into the scripture that I hold so dear as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. If you’re facing what seem like unjust difficulty in your life, tune in for a little reminder that Heavenly Father has your back.
As well as ASK JODY ANYTHING, I’m hosting a couple of webinars over the next few weeks around dealing with anxiety and how to deal with loved ones questioning or leaving the church. Click here to find out more.
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- The reason we have absolutely nothing to be afraid of.
- Why our brains want to reject challenging conditions and believe they should be easier.
- What I tell myself in the midst of a great trial.
- Why I know that no matter how hard it gets, it’s supposed to be that way.
- How the Lord led me, through stormy seas, to The Model and the work of coaching.
Mentioned on the Show:
- Come hang out with me in Utah at Better Than Happy Live! I’ll be there in September to spend a whole day with you, give you a taste of coaching, and record a live podcast all about how to create a deliberate future.
- Be Bold
- Join me for the next Ask Jody Anything coaching call!
- LDS Library app: Android | Apple
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!