Today I have a very special treat for all of you. My mom, Bonnie Lyman, is on the podcast, and we’re having a super fun conversation around life with adult children, especially when your kids aren’t behaving in the way you thought they would.
My mom is a certified life coach, like myself, and she works with mothers of adult children who want to work on their relationships with their kids, improve their overall happiness, and figure out how to live into this phase of their life with more fulfillment and joy. So, she’s the perfect guest for today’s topic.
Tune in this week to discover how to experience a positive relationship and connection with your adult children, even if they aren’t making choices you appreciate, or even if they don’t actually speak to you. We have the power to decide what we want to believe about our kids, and Bonnie is sharing stories from her clients, as well as her own life, of choosing love for your children and yourself.
I am teaching a five-day workshop called Train Your Brain, and you’re invited to join me. We’re doing a 90-minute Zoom call every day where I’m teaching you how to get your head in the right place to be able to achieve your goals and solve your problems. I’ll even be doing live coaching. All you have to do is raise your hand! And the best part is it’s only $19. And if you can’t make the call live or you want to watch them again, they will all be recorded for you to watch any time. Click here to join us.
If you enjoy this podcast, or even if it just piques your curiosity and makes you think, you’re going to love my book, Better Than Happy: Connecting with Divinity Through Conscious Thinking. It’s available now on Amazon for Kindle, in print, and on Audible!
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- Why Bonnie decided she wanted to coach the parents of adult children.
- Some of the most common challenges the parents of adult children face.
- Why feeling love for your kids is always an option, no matter the choices they make.
- The importance of separating yourself from other people’s opinions of you.
- Bonnie’s work in helping her clients process their negative emotions.
- What you can do to bring fulfillment, opportunity, and validation to your life separate from your children.
- How to feel connection and relationship to your kids, even if they’re not speaking to you.
Mentioned on the Show:
- When you’re ready to take what you’re learning on the podcast to the 10X level, then come check out Be Bold.
- If you’re a coach who is already certified through The Life Coach School, I want to help you take your coaching to the next level. Interested? Get on the waitlist here.
- Follow me on Instagram or Facebook!
- Grab the Podcast Roadmap!
- Better Than Happy: Connecting with Divinity through Conscious Thinking by Jody Moore
- Bonnie Lyman: Website | Instagram | Podcast
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!