A lot of clients come to me with questions about boundaries and how they can set them and enforce them effectively with the people in their lives. And what I’ve noticed, almost all of the time, is that most people are completely misunderstanding what a boundary actually is and how best to use one.
Luckily, this week on the show, I’ve got my sister, Natalie Clay, back on the podcast! Natalie is a coach who works with couples on their marriages; and in a deep relationship like a marriage, correctly enforced boundaries are an absolute must. However, I want you to listen carefully because there is way more to this than you might have thought.
Boundaries are incredibly simple when you know how to set them and what results to expect, so listen in on our in-depth discussion on the subject to see where you might be going wrong. We’re putting the focus back on ourselves and what we have control over, rather than trying to control the people around us.
Better Than Happy Live is coming back to Salt Lake City, Utah on February 7th. Click here for more information and to book your spot for a day of live coaching and a live podcast!
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- Why your boundaries are really for you, not for anybody else to uphold.
- What happens when people decide to set up boundaries as a form of punishment.
- How to identify your unconscious boundaries and use the same method to set conscious ones.
- Why you don’t need a reason to set a boundary.
- The difference between boundaries and requests.
- 4 steps to set boundaries from a place of love, or at least a better place than resentment and control.
Mentioned on the Show:
- Join me for the next Ask Jody Anything coaching call!
- Natalie Clay: Website | Facebook | Instagram
- Couples Coaching with Natalie Clay
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!