Is there something in your life that you’ve struggled to fully embrace and feel confident about? For me, it was always my curly hair. I spent so many of my younger years trying to make my hair look like everyone else’s, and trust me, it didn’t do me or my hair any good.
I’ve been getting questions about my hair lately, so I want to share with you what I’ve done to embrace my curls and how I take care of them. I understand that this may not interest everyone, so I’m tying it together with confidence tips that you can apply to any area of your life.
Join me on the podcast this week as I discuss how I became confident and loving of something that I resented for years, and what I do to keep myself in love with this aspect of myself every single day. Building confidence isn’t easy, but when you can spot where it’s a problem for you, and with a little help from somebody who’s gone before you, you can make confidence a reality.
As well as ASK JODY ANYTHING, I’m hosting a couple of webinars over the next few weeks around dealing with anxiety and how to deal with loved ones questioning or leaving the church. Click here to find out more.
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- Why you don’t have to believe you are perfect in order to hold confidence in yourself.
- How to spot where your confidence in certain areas is lacking, and what it means for your confidence as a whole.
- Why we get offended when people point out what we perceive as physical flaws.
- What real body love looks like.
- Why we find it so difficult to embrace our bodies when they don’t conform to a certain standard.
- How to reframe your weaknesses so they’re not things that you’re ashamed of.
- My own journey of building confidence around something that bothered me for years and how I show up for it now compared to before.
Mentioned on the Show:
- Curly Girl: The Handbook by Loraine Massey
- Christiana Krogh: Monat
- Oribe Gold Lust Conditioner
- Uncle Funky’s Daughter: Curly Magic Curl Stimulator Gel
- Uncle Funky’s Daughter: Extra Butter Curl Cream
- Microfiber towel
- Dyson Hairdryer
- Blue Magic Coconut Oil Conditioner
- Silk pillowcase
- Pure Encapsulations
- Join me for the next Ask Jody Anything coaching call!
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!