One topic I get many questions about is around our kids and trying to control them, or trying to let go of controlling them. Our kids have been home for a while, and with months of juggling all the balls in the air, you might be feeling overwhelmed or stressed. We have to make space for ourselves to experience these emotions so we can then better direct our brains, and this is what we’re diving into today.
I don’t find controlling children to be effective, and this is probably what you’ve found to be true too. That said, it can be tricky to figure out what this means and what the alternative is. So today, I’m helping you navigate the difference between attempting to control your kids versus holding them accountable.
Join me on the podcast this week as I show you why we try to control our kids, and how to create a plan for what you can do instead. There is absolutely no one-size-fits-all approach to parenting, so I hope the questions I’m sharing with you today guide you in creating a parent-child dynamic that serves you.
Did you know that your kids could still be home and you could be at Stress Level Zero? I know this is true because I’ve got four of my own and I’m able to do this. And I want to teach you how. So, I decided to offer a free virtual class called Stress Level Zero. It’s happening on September 4th, which is a Friday, and I’ll only be teaching it one time. All you need to do is register online and you’ll be all set to join me!
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- Why I don’t find trying to control children to be effective, but why we do it anyway.
- How we try to control what is ultimately out of our control.
- A default thought I use to direct my brain out of trying to control my kids.
- The difference between trying to control versus holding accountable.
- Why I don’t actually hold my children accountable to much.
- The value of questioning your beliefs about the parent-child dynamic.
Mentioned on the Show:
- When you’re ready to take what you’re learning on the podcast to the 10X level, then come check out Be Bold.
- If you’re a coach who is already certified through The Life Coach School, I want to help you take your coaching to the next level. Interested? Get on the waitlist here.
- Follow me on Instagram!
- Grab the Podcast Roadmap!
- Brené Brown’s Unlocking Us podcast
- Tangled – movie
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!