Finding your purpose is a topic I get asked about regularly, and with us about to start a whole month on this subject in Be Bold, I thought discussing it on the podcast today would be a great place to start. Going through this process was life-changing for me, so it’s time to open yourself up and see what it can do for you.
We all have a different idea of what our purpose in life is, what it means, and how to start doing it – but there is one thing we all have in common: a deep desire to contribute and make a difference. First, I’ll start by saying that nobody just finds their purpose in life. There isn’t one purpose for each person and we just have to find it. There’s a little more to it than that.
Join me on this episode as I explore the idea of choosing and creating your purpose. You’ll discover how to explore the many things you could dedicate yourself to and how to choose one, or more, without listening to all the reasons your brain will provide for why it should be easier than this and you should quit now.
Join me for the next ASK JODY ANYTHING! Come with your biggest challenge or question. Leave with answers and tools. Grab your spot today!
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- Why there is no one thing you can do during this lifetime that will make you a more worthy human in the eyes of God.
- What makes the idea of finding your purpose on this earth over choosing it totally misleading.
- Why you might realize your purpose in an area you’re not even particularly passionate about.
- How my clients actually block themselves from discovering their purpose.
- Why time spent on yourself rather than the “greater good” is never time wasted.
- How your brain can easily put itself in between you and creating your purpose in life.
- Why curiosity and putting yourself out there will get you to your purpose.
Mentioned on the Show:
- Come hang out with me in Seattle at Better Than Happy Live! I’ll be there in June to spend a whole day with you, give you a taste of coaching, and record a live podcast all about how to create a deliberate future.
- Your Elusive Creative Genius – Elizabeth Gilbert’s TED talk
- Join me for the next Ask Jody Anything coaching call!
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!