I like to offer my kids new thoughts that they might not have come up with themselves; I think we all do this on some level with our children. Now, the tricky part of parenting is accepting that our kids may or may not embrace the thoughts we offer them, and they might make their own decisions about what they want in life, and we have to accept that.
Today, I have my daughter on the podcast to provide a little bit of perspective on how our children think about what the future has in store. I believe that kids would rather hear from kids, over being given instructions by adults all the time, so this would be a great episode for your children as well!
Join Macy and me on the podcast this week for a unique insight into what your child might be thinking about school, college, and the future in general. Hopefully, you’ll also see how I offer my daughter new thoughts to try on about the situations in her life and challenge what she might believe, without attaching any meaning to the outcome for myself.
Join me for the next Ask Jody Anything coaching call!
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- How Macy thinks about school in terms of shaping her future.
- Macy’s philosophy on school grades and what she makes them (or doesn’t make them) mean about her as a person.
- What Macy wants to do for her first job and what’s important to her in terms of a work environment.
- How Macy considers her independence in the future, in spite of my desire to hold onto her forever.
- What concerns Macy about her future, and how I try to offer her new thoughts about the things that worry her.
- How I have tried to make sure Macy focuses on how she feels about herself, rather than worrying about what other people think.
Mentioned on the Show:
- Join me for the next Ask Jody Anything coaching call!
- Ep 125. Mindset and Special Guest Macy Moore
- Ep 183. Wisdom From My Girls
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!