2024 is officially here, and this is the perfect time to leverage the energy and excitement of a brand-new year to imagine the future you want. Whether you currently envision something entirely different for your life or simply have an area you want to tweak, change, or improve on, looking to your future is the only way you’ll create it.
Our past offers us a huge database of thoughts and experiences we can pull from. Using your past stories and knowledge can be incredibly useful, but only if you want to repeat your past results. The secret to creating new results then is to use future thinking, but how do you harness positive future-focused thoughts when the future is so unknown?
Join me on this episode to learn my practice for training your brain for future thinking. I’m showing you why our brains are often past-focused, how to identify when your brain is tempted to use past stories to determine your future, and questions that will help you imagine the life you could have from your future instead of from your past.
If you’re ready to learn how to apply teachings from the podcast to your real life and experience transformations to both your inner and outer world, come check out Better Than Happy: The Masterclass. There are three different dates and times to choose from, so click here to grab your spot today.
If you want to take what you’re learning on the podcast and take it to the next level, implementing these lessons in your life, you need to join The Lab! It encompasses all the best parts of Be Bold while creating an environment that better serves the audience of this podcast. Click here for more details.
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- How our thoughts often come from our past.
- The main reason our brains are usually past-focused.
- How to identify your past thinking.
- Why using positive future-focused thoughts feels challenging.
- An exercise for training your brain for future thinking.
Mentioned on the Show:
- Coaching changed my life and I’ve watched it change the lives of thousands of men and women since. But is it right for you? You’ll only know by giving it a try. Try it out today by clicking here.
- I’ve written a book to introduce thought work in a way children will understand called Carl and Sophia and Your Amazing Brain, illustrated by my talented daughter Macy!
- Come check out Be Bold
- Follow me on Instagram or Facebook!
- Grab the Podcast Roadmap!
- Better Than Happy: Connecting with Divinity through Conscious Thinking by Jody Moore
- Follow my brand new business Instagram account where I’ll be sharing my business tips for all you entrepreneurs!
- Check out this episode on my YouTube channel
- Byron Katie
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.