We’re talking about happiness today – dopamine, to be specific. Our Heavenly Father designed us with these amazing brains, which have many functions, but its most primitive, basic, and important function is to keep us alive for as long as possible. Dopamine is a chemical that helps our brains memorize things that give us pleasure, and so it drives us to seek those things more, which has helped our species survive.
That said, in today’s modern world, we have a whole array of concentrated dopamine hits available to us. I sometimes call this concentrated pleasure, and while this is an amazing aspect of the world we live in, the activities that we engage in that give us this concentrated hit often aren’t contributing to our survival or our ability to thrive. In fact, it leads to us self-sabotaging, making it hard for us to have healthy relationships and bodies and everything else that we want for our lives.
Listen in this week to discover how dopamine functions and why concentrated amounts of it can create negative effects in your life. Cutting out concentrated dopamine will leave you feeling uncomfortable, and it can seem impossible to replace those habits with ones that don’t give you negative side effects. So today, I’m sharing 17 healthy ways for you to get a happiness fix to substitute for those concentrated pleasures that aren’t actually serving you.
Follow me on Instagram and on the post for this episode, comment below and share what you do for a happiness fix!
If you’re a coach who is already certified through The Life Coach School, I want to help you take your coaching to the next level. Interested? Get on the waitlist here.
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- What dopamine is and how it works.
- How concentrated amounts of dopamine can have negative effects in our lives.
- The role dopamine has in how habits are formed.
- How our brains have been trained to seek dopamine hits.
- Some examples of things that give us concentrated amounts of dopamine.
- Why you’ll often experience disappointment when you cut out concentrated dopamine.
- The only solution to the discomfort you feel when you decrease concentrated dopamine.
- 17 things you can do for a happiness fix without negative side effects.
Mentioned on the Show:
- When you’re ready to take what you’re learning on the podcast to the 10X level, then come check out Be Bold.
- If you’re a coach who is already certified through The Life Coach School, I want to help you take your coaching to the next level. Interested? Get on the waitlist here.
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!