Schools are closed which means our kids are home and depending on us for their learning. Suddenly, many of us have been turned into homeschool moms when that was never in our plans. If you’re feeling overwhelmed, frustrated, and confused by this new (but temporary) system, you’re not alone. And, there’s lots of help and guidance ready for you.
Today, I have my friend and life coach, Laura Garn, on the show. Laura coaches homeschool moms on everything from getting your kids to pay attention to choosing the right materials to handling a determined child. You may be feeling a lot of pressure to be the best teacher right now, but Laura coaches us on how to let that thought go.
Join Laura and I as we discuss adapting to this new normal, ensuring our kids learn what they need to, and not going into a spiral of overwhelm in the process. I know you’ll get the reassurance and encouragement you need right now as well as tons of practical tips.
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- How to decide what matters most (because you can’t do it all!).
- What my and Laura’s schedules for our children look like right now.
- How to handle kids who want structure and kids that don’t in the same household.
- How to teach children at different learning levels at the same time.
- The best resource for new homeschool moms.
- Why it’s okay for work-from-home moms to let their kids get bored and solve their own problems.
Mentioned on the Show:
- When you’re ready to take what you’re learning on the podcast to the 10X level, then come check out Be Bold.
- Laura Garn Website | Free Quick-Start Guide to Homeschooling
- How to Raise an Adult by Julie Lythcott-Haims
- 244. Coronavirus
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!