We’re facing an unprecedented situation right now. There are a lot of changes going on and a lot of people are understandably concerned. Now, my dad always used to say, “You’re either part of the problem, or you’re part of the solution.” I can’t be part of the solution in terms of vaccines or antidotes, but I can contribute through what I do every day: mind management.
I want to offer my thoughts and perspective, and give you a reminder of some of the tools I teach regarding other topics that are applicable here, facing this challenge together as a global community. What I have for you today is a recording of a live call I did on short notice in my Be Bold program where I shared my thoughts and answered some questions. These calls are usually only available in Be Bold, but in this instance, I want everyone to be able to benefit from hearing this.
Most of us haven’t lived through a health crisis like this, so tune in this week for a new perspective on how to manage your mind around what’s going on. Nobody can tell you exactly what to do. Even experts can’t predict what’s going to happen tomorrow. But that doesn’t mean we need to panic.
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- Why whatever you’re feeling right now, whether you’re calm or frantic, is normal and completely fine.
- How to allow your emotions during this difficult time.
- Why your brain wants to panic at a time like this and try to find a solution.
- The difference between allowing emotion and indulging in your negative thoughts.
- Why we have to be careful about what level of information we are consuming.
- What you can actually do and control in this situation.
- How to see where your brain might be making things more dramatic than they need to be, and take a pause to consider what’s important.
Mentioned on the Show:
- Join me for the next Ask Jody Anything coaching call!
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!