I accidentally came across today’s guest on social media, and I just thought he was a genius. He has been giving me nuggets of inspiration and peace for around six months, and I finally reached out to ask if he’d come on the show. And once I’d gotten over how starstruck I was, we had a really fun conversation all about mindfulness.
Cory Muscara is a former monk, a podcaster, mindfulness advisor for the Dr. Oz Show, and a bestselling author! He’s a teacher of mindful leadership and positive psychology, and he’s been offering mindfulness retreats and workshops around the world for the past decade. His meditations have been heard over 10 million times in over 100 countries, and he’s here to share some of his wisdom on the podcast.
Tune in this week to hear Cory Muscara’s incredible story of his mindfulness journey. I know that so many of you want to bring more peace into your life, and hopefully, this insight from Cory shows you that this kind of emotional awareness is available to all of us, and how practicing mindfulness allows you to live a life full of the things you actually want to experience.
If you enjoy this podcast, or even if it just piques your curiosity and makes you think, you’re going to love my book, Better Than Happy: Connecting with Divinity Through Conscious Thinking. It’s available now on Amazon for Kindle, in print, and on Audible!
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- The surprising reason why Cory found himself interested in mindfulness.
- Where the practices of meditation and mindfulness have taken Cory in his incredibly interesting life.
- Why even the most Type-A person can experience the benefits of mindfulness.
- How a mindfulness practice brings resilience and safety even in uncertain or uncomfortable situations.
- Where our sense of hope, agency, and optimism comes from as human beings, and how paying attention to it allows you to create a future you’re excited about.
- Why Cory believes that the most important and profitable investment you will ever make is investing time or money in yourself and your growth.
- The importance of embracing the concept of the Beginner’s Mind.
- How you can bring even just a short mindfulness practice into your everyday, no matter how busy you are.
Mentioned on the Show:
- When you’re ready to take what you’re learning on the podcast to the 10X level, then come check out Be Bold.
- If you’re a coach who is already certified through The Life Coach School, I want to help you take your coaching to the next level. Interested? Get on the waitlist here.
- Follow me on Instagram or Facebook!
- Grab the Podcast Roadmap!
- Better Than Happy: Connecting with Divinity through Conscious Thinking by Jody Moore
- Cory Muscara: Website | Instagram | Podcast
- Cory’s Mindfulness App and Platform – Text the word ‘Jody’ to 16313052874 to sign up for Cory’s text message service!
- Stop Missing Your Life: How to Be Deeply Present in an Un-Present World by Cory Muscara
- Learned Hopefulness: The Power to Overcome Depression by Dan Tomasulo
- Zen Mind, Beginner’s Mind: Informal Talks on Zen Meditation by Shunryū Suzuki
- The Dr. Oz Show
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!