What’s your go-to song for when you feel sad, anxious, or fearful? Have you ever wondered how music works and why? Something I’ve never considered before is that music has so much power in helping us process our emotions, and I’ve got the perfect guest on the show this week to explain it all to us.
Bryson Merkley is a member of Business Minded and he’s an amazing musician based in Arizona. He went to college to study music education, he teaches music to kids of all ages, and he’s also currently building up his choir and orchestra business. Bryson wanted to come on and share his insights on using music to manage anxiety, and I know you’re going to learn so much from our conversation.
Join us this week as Bryson shows us how to leverage the power of music to process our emotions. He’s offering his wisdom on using music to center ourselves in our bodies, how music helps us isolate what the emotions we’re experiencing feel like, and he’s also created playlists of symphonic music to help you take this work deeper.
Business Minded is opening its doors again this summer. Click here to learn more and to get on the waitlist!
If you enjoy this podcast, or even if it thejust piques your curiosity and makes you think, you’re going to love my book, Better Than Happy: Connecting with Divinity Through Conscious Thinking. It’s available now on Amazon for Kindle, in print, and on Audible!
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- Bryson’s insights on the basics of music.
- What gives music its power.
- How our responses to music are both trained and innate.
- What creates the story we process as we listen to music.
- Bryson’s thoughts on the music of the LDS faith.
- The connection between music and managing anxiety.
- How music is an under-utilized tool for processing our emotions.
Mentioned on the Show:
- When you’re ready to take what you’re learning on the podcast to the 10X level, then come check out Be Bold.
- If you’re a coach who is already certified through The Life Coach School, I want to help you take your coaching to the next level. Interested? Get on the waitlist here.
- Get on the waitlist for Business Minded here.
- Follow me on Instagram or Facebook!
- Grab the Podcast Roadmap!
- Better Than Happy: Connecting with Divinity through Conscious Thinking by Jody Moore
- Voice of the Valley Choir and Ensemble
- Click here to listen to Bryson’s playlists!
- Bad Guy by Billie Eilish
- The Bonner Family
- This is To Mother You by Sinéad O’Connor
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.