The title of this podcast might throw you a little bit, but stick with me here. I’m sure you might be wondering what the problem with positive thoughts can be, especially since the basis of what I teach is that we get to choose our thoughts about our circumstances, and it’s those thoughts that will determine how we feel and act, thus creating our results.
While that is 100% true, I’ve noticed a lot of my clients are kind of abusing the system a little bit, often to the point that a positive thought is not much help at all. Our thoughts are what we make our circumstances mean, but this only works if our circumstances are truly framed as neutral.
Join me on the podcast this week as I take a deep dive into the self-coaching model – specifically the point where we choose our thoughts about our circumstance. I’m sharing how you can identify where you might be going awry when identifying a circumstance, and how you can reframe your circumstances so that your positive thoughts don’t become redundant. This sounds a little complicated, but trust me, once you get it, you will never look back.
As well as ASK JODY ANYTHING, I’m hosting a couple of webinars over the next few weeks around dealing with anxiety and how to deal with loved ones questioning or leaving the church. Click here to find out more.
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- Why there is no clear definition between the right thought and the wrong thought.
- Where I see my clients going wrong in terms of choosing their thoughts.
- What happens when you try to engage with thoughts that are simply not believable to you.
- Why thinking a positive thought about a neutral circumstance is not always helpful.
- How you can review and reframe your thoughts in a way that is more suitable to your personal circumstances.
Mentioned on the Show:
- 182. Sneaky Little Thoughts
- Loving What Is by Byron Katie
- Be Bold
- Join me for the next Ask Jody Anything coaching call!
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!