I received a message from a listener recently who told me her daughter had recently gotten engaged, and she wanted a podcast to send her to listen to before she takes this big step. So, while all of my podcasts are great and packed with value, I decided to record a whole episode filled with everything I would say to an engaged couple if they were sat in front of me looking for advice.
I recorded this episode with newlyweds in mind, but whether you’ve been married for years and it’s going great, or if you’re struggling in your relationship and you’re trying to decide what your future might look like, this episode is going to provide a valuable refresher around cultivating a successful relationship.
Tune in this week for some real marriage advice. I’m going deeper than the usual cliches about never going to bed angry etc., and sharing why the way you show up in your marriage is 100% up to you, the importance of openness around money, and how to take ownership of your experience of your relationship.
Do you want to learn my best secrets for success? If you’ve ever wished you could pick my brain about how I’ve done what I have in my business, this is your chance. I’ve created a free webinar specifically for women who are in the thick of raising kids and want to build a thriving business. It’s called Success Secrets for Mompreneurs, and you can sign up by clicking here!
During the summer months, I like to offer you a little extra help when it comes to your business endeavors. Whether it’s a business you’re launching or growing, or you’re working on a project or side gig, I have an amazing free resource to help you. I’ve set up the Business Minded Facebook Group. I’ll be going live every week, teaching business strategies and mindset techniques, taking questions, and it’s all totally free! Click here to get involved.
The doors to Business Minded are closing at the end of August, which is when we’ll dive right into the program. This is your last chance! Click here to sign up before it’s too late.
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- Why neither person in a marriage is responsible for making the other happy.
- Where I made choices in my marriage that I look back on now through a different lens.
- Why your relationship is an amazing vehicle for your own personal growth.
- The importance of taking ownership of your own experience of your marriage.
- Why honesty about finances is a non-negotiable in a successful relationship.
- The truth about entering into an intimate physical relationship on your wedding night.
- How to consider dividing up the ownership of work and responsibilities in your marriage.
Mentioned on the Show:
- When you’re ready to take what you’re learning on the podcast to the 10X level, then come check out Be Bold.
- If you’re a coach who is already certified through The Life Coach School, I want to help you take your coaching to the next level. Interested? Get on the waitlist here.
- Get on the waitlist for Business Minded here.
- Follow me on Instagram or Facebook!
- Grab the Podcast Roadmap!
- Better Than Happy: Connecting with Divinity through Conscious Thinking by Jody Moore
- Dr. Jennifer Finlayson Fife
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.