I want to discuss a topic with you guys that I’ve never tried to teach before, so this is a complete debut. This phenomenon is something we are all aware of, although a lot of us choose not to really think about it or break it down because it can be incredibly challenging.
Every single mentally healthy human being on this planet has a void within them. Have you ever noticed this? Maybe something deep down inside doesn’t feel right, you get caught up in thinking about not being successful enough, not being pretty enough, and you go into a spiral of looking for evidence that what you’re thinking is true. It happens to every single one of us, but is there anything we can do about it?
Well, this week on the podcast, I’m talking about that space within us – the human void – and how it manifests in ourselves and the people in our lives. Tune in and discover how to know when you’re feeling it, and what you can do to ease the burden for yourself and the people you love.
As well as ASK JODY ANYTHING, I’m hosting a couple of webinars over the next few weeks around dealing with anxiety and how to deal with loved ones questioning or leaving the church. Click here to find out more.
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- How the human void manifests itself at all ages, even in young toddlers.
- Why our kids look to us to fill the human void inside of them.
- The importance of being aware of the human void in our children.
- How we, as parents, can be just as guilty of looking to our children to fill the void.
- Why the void is never permanently filled, but that doesn’t mean we have to feel it all the time.
- How it looks when you start taking it upon yourself to fill the human void in your kids.
- Why I know that the void is there to serve a purpose and is doing us no harm by being there.
Mentioned on the Show:
- Come hang out with me in Seattle at Better Than Happy Live! I’ll be there in June to spend a whole day with you, give you a taste of coaching, and record a live podcast all about how to create a deliberate future.
- Join me for the next Ask Jody Anything coaching call!
- 197. Brain Software
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!