The notion of not getting invited to something often feels nostalgic. You probably think back to when you were a child and didn’t get invited to a party, but you know that this experience doesn’t end for us as adults. You don’t suddenly stop caring if you get invited to an event or not, and it’s important to know that you’re not alone if you feel hurt when this happens.
This topic is one that isn’t openly discussed very often, and I’m sure you would agree that when you experience this, you probably tend to judge yourself about it or hide how you truly feel. Heavenly Father created us to have this basic, natural longing to crave community and to be seen and heard. However, not getting invited doesn’t need to impact you as dramatically or significantly as it might right now.
Join me this week as I show you how to navigate the pain you experience when you don’t get invited to something. Looking at the facts is key here, and I’m guiding you through two ways to dig deeper into what you’re making it mean, and how to identify your thoughts and feelings past just the surface level hurt so you can show up as your highest self.
Next week I’m going to be offering a free class, virtually, called Stress Level Zero for moms who were just hanging on until the kids went back to school. You know what I’m talking about; you thought they were going to back. And they’re not really going back so now you’re feeling stressed and overwhelmed. I’m going to teach you how to get to Stress Level Zero. It’s happening on September 4th, which is a Friday, and I’ll only be teaching it one time. All you need to do is register online and you’ll be all set to join me!
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- Why you are not alone if you feel hurt when you don’t get invited to something.
- How the circumstance of not getting invited doesn’t actually hurt you.
- Why not getting invited to something doesn’t have to emotionally impact you.
- 2 ways to dig into what you’re making it mean when you don’t get invited.
- The power of identifying your thoughts and feelings when this happens.
- Why you have to separate your thoughts from the facts of the situation.
- New stories you can try on, instead of the mind drama that makes you spiral.
Mentioned on the Show:
- When you’re ready to take what you’re learning on the podcast to the 10X level, then come check out Be Bold.
- If you’re a coach who is already certified through The Life Coach School, I want to help you take your coaching to the next level. Interested? Get on the waitlist here.
- Follow me on Instagram!
- Grab the Podcast Roadmap!
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!