Where do ideas come from? Well, it’s complicated. If you’ve been a listener for a while, you might think ideas come from our brains. That’s true to a certain extent, but when you slow things down and look closely, the answer might surprise you.
If my daughter says to me, “Mom, for my birthday, I want a unicorn party…” the first thing I’d do is go to Instagram and look up unicorn birthday cakes and take inspiration from what comes up. But those ideas didn’t come from Google. They originated in someone else’s brain.
However, if we go deep here, did the idea of the unicorn cake originate in the brain of the person who posted it on Instagram? Or did they receive the idea from somewhere else, like a higher power? Wherever the idea came from, the person who had it had to be open to receiving it.
Tune in this week to discover the truth about where ideas come from. I’m sharing why we need to be open to receiving when it comes to ideas, solutions, and new approaches, how our brain stops us from expanding on some ideas, and how to approach all ideas with an open mind.
I want to invite you to Wellness Week, a new 5-day workshop I’m going to be teaching very soon. This is a great way to get a better feel for how coaching can impact your life, and while I can’t promise to change your life in 5 days, you’ll be shocked at the change you can experience in this time. Best of all? It’s only $19! Click here to grab your spot now.
Click here to get on the waitlist for the next round of Business Minded starting in September!
If you enjoy this podcast, or even if it just piques your curiosity and makes you think, you’re going to love my book, Better Than Happy: Connecting with Divinity Through Conscious Thinking. It’s available now on Amazon for Kindle, in print, and on Audible!
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- Where we think ideas come from versus where they really come from.
- Why you have to be open to receiving ideas, even ones triggered by people and the world around us.
- How our brains default to shutting down ideas that don’t seem immediately realistic.
- What you might be missing out on when you shut yourself off to ideas before truly exploring them.
- How to create a space in your brain where all ideas are welcome.
Mentioned on the Show:
- When you’re ready to take what you’re learning on the podcast to the 10X level, then come check out Be Bold.
- If you’re a coach who is already certified through The Life Coach School, I want to help you take your coaching to the next level. Interested? Get on the waitlist here.
- Get on the waitlist for Business Minded here.
- Follow me on Instagram or Facebook!
- Grab the Podcast Roadmap!
- Better Than Happy: Connecting with Divinity through Conscious Thinking by Jody Moore
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Abraham Hicks
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.