Have you ever set goals for yourself – maybe losing weight or building a business – and then your desire to pursue those goals just kind of fizzled out? You might have told yourself that you failed or it was never going to work. But actually, what happened is you gave up.
Giving up is a totally natural thing to want to do. The human brain prioritizes giving up as the easiest option in a lot of situations. And with the sources of instant gratification available in our modern world, it’s no surprise. However, when it comes to the bigger goals in your life, you’re going to have to fight your brain on this one.
Join me on the podcast this week to discover how to redirect your brain towards your desires so that giving up no longer looks like the best option. Pursuing big goals is always uncomfortable work, but when you know why you’ve given up in the past and how to change your perspective of what you’re going through, it gets a whole lot easier.
Better Than Happy Live is coming back to Salt Lake City, Utah on February 7th. Click here for more information and to book your spot for a day of live coaching and a live podcast!
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- Why a failure is not really a failure; it just means we gave up.
- How to understand what’s going on and show yourself compassion when you want to give up.
- Why your brain wants you to give up when things get uncomfortable.
- The 3 most common reasons why we give up.
- Why trying to change the circumstances around you is never going to help.
- How to redirect your brain consistently to open up new neural pathways, allowing you to create new results.
Mentioned on the Show:
- Join me for the next Ask Jody Anything coaching call!
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!