One subject that comes up in coaching all the time is how to help teenagers who are anxious and depressed. Parents want to know what to say to their kids to make them feel better, and how they can serve them best. Well, while there might not be much you can say, you can give them one suggestion that they can do for themselves, with a little help from this week’s guest.
Alli Louthain is making an amazing impact in the world through her yoga program: Isha Warriors. Isha is a Sanskrit word that means ruling God or Goddess; one who protects. As a yoga instructor for over 15 years, she’s empowered and inspired students to understand their worth in a space where they feel protected, and that’s what we all want for the children in our lives.
Tune in this week to discover why yoga just might be the answer to helping your teens suffering from depression and anxiety. Alli is sharing why yoga is the perfect tool for people who are a little younger and maybe can’t manage their minds as well as you can, and how the teens in your life can get involved right now.
I’m in the midst of planning a conference for entrepreneurs, specifically geared towards women with conservative values. If you want to start your business and don’t want to change your value system in order to be successful, you’ll want to join us for Impact 2.0. It’s happening July 27th and 28th in Salt Lake City, so click here to find out more and register!
Click here to get on the waitlist for the next round of Business Minded starting in September!
If you enjoy this podcast, or even if it just piques your curiosity and makes you think, you’re going to love my book, Better Than Happy: Connecting with Divinity Through Conscious Thinking. It’s available now on Amazon for Kindle, in print, and on Audible!
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- Alli’s story and why she felt compelled to work with teens, helping them through the power of yoga.
- How Alli found my work and decided to start working with me as her business coach.
- Why yoga is so helpful for teens with depression and anxiety.
- How you can get your teens involved with Alli’s yoga classes, wherever you are in the world.
- The common ground between the life coaching I do and yogic teaching Alli does with teens.
- Why Alli believes mental health issues are accelerating among our teens over recent years.
- 10 ways yoga helps anyone struggling with depression and anxiety, especially teens who maybe can’t manage their minds as well as adults.
- How to communicate with your teens and help them see that yoga is worth trying to ease their mental health.
Mentioned on the Show:
- When you’re ready to take what you’re learning on the podcast to the 10X level, then come check out Be Bold.
- If you’re a coach who is already certified through The Life Coach School, I want to help you take your coaching to the next level. Interested? Get on the waitlist here.
- Get on the waitlist for Business Minded here.
- Follow me on Instagram or Facebook!
- Grab the Podcast Roadmap!
- Better Than Happy: Connecting with Divinity through Conscious Thinking by Jody Moore
- Isha Warriors: Website | Instagram | Facebook | Podcast
- Use promo code Happy30 for $30 off your teen’s annual subscription.
- Use promo code HAPPY20 for $20 off Alli’s Freedom from Depression and Anxiety 8-week course.
- The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
- Yoga for Depression by Amy Weintraub
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.