Everyone is talking about goal setting and resolutions at this time of year, and I love all of that stuff, but today, I’m approaching this topic in a slightly different way. This concept that I’m discussing has definitely helped me achieve some amazing goals, but what’s even better is it has also positively impacted the way I feel on a daily basis and I can’t wait for you to try it out.
You might have a resolution this year of losing weight or making more money in your business, but we often don’t think about where our focus should be in terms of the steps towards making that happen. This usually ends up with us giving up after a while when we don’t see the results we want and feeling pretty bad about ourselves in the meantime too.
This week, I’m showing you how to shift your focus and teach your brain a new way to redirect your thoughts. Practicing this is going to get you closer to achieving your long-term goals and feeling amazing about the things you might normally filter out, so I’m sharing a quick exercise that always helps me with this process.
If you’re new here and feel overwhelmed by the number of episodes, I’ve curated a list of eight episodes that you can listen to that will onboard you into everything I’m teaching here. Even if you’re a regular, these can be a good review to go back on occasion to get yourself up to speed. Click here to get it!
Better Than Happy Live is coming to Salt Lake City! If you want to hang out with me and get coached, you’re going to want to grab your tickets here. Tickets usually sell out very quickly so if you want a spot, get on it!
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- How our brains work to focus on and filter out things that are relevant or irrelevant to us.
- Why what you focus on is so important.
- How subtle shifts in your mindset can seem small, but have a huge impact.
- Why your experiences are created by the thoughts you believe.
- How to shift your focus to things that will help you achieve your goal.
- An exercise to help you practice redirect your mind.
Mentioned on the Show:
- Join me for the next Ask Jody Anything coaching call!
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!