Our brains are amazing problem-solvers, and it’s what we humans are designed to do. This is an amazing and useful skill we have, but in a world where one push of a button can create problems that have never existed before, the big question is, are you spending the majority of your time focusing on problems or on the solutions? What becomes possible if we focus our energy on finding beauty in the mess?
These are the questions my guest on the show this week is posing to us. Dr. John Delony is a national bestselling author, mental health and wellness expert, and host of The Dr. John Delony Show. He’s here to dive into our culture’s addiction to problems and to offer the hard questions we haven’t been trained to ask ourselves to shift the narrative towards healing.
Join us this week as Dr. John Delony offers his deep well of wisdom on how we as a culture have pathologized normal human issues and behaviors. We’re discussing the hardwiring of our brains that contribute to us seeking problems, why this is sucking the joy out of your human experience, and how to stop dwelling on the mud, and instead, take ownership and ask ourselves what’s next.
Do you want to learn my best secrets for success? If you’ve ever wished you could pick my brain about how I’ve done what I have in my business, this is your chance. I’ve created a free webinar specifically for women who are in the thick of raising kids and want to build a thriving business. It’s called Success Secrets for Mompreneurs, and you can sign up by clicking here!
During the summer months, I like to offer you a little extra help when it comes to your business endeavors. Whether it’s a business you’re launching or growing, or you’re working on a project or side gig, I have an amazing free resource to help you. I’ve set up the Business Minded Facebook Group. I’ll be going live every week, teaching business strategies and mindset techniques, taking questions, and it’s all totally free! Click here to get involved.
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- Why we’re culturally addicted to problems.
- How the brain’s hardwiring contributes to our addiction to seeking out problems.
- Why it’s easy to be addicted to problems without realizing it.
- How we’ve outsourced our human connection to online or external factors.
- Dr. John’s thoughts on how we’ve dangerously pathologized normal human behaviors in the faith community.
- How we don’t have a culture experienced in sitting with discomfort, and how it leads to toxic positivity.
- The most important psychological findings of the last 100 years in psychological literature.
- One brave but scary question we can ask ourselves to shift the focus from problems to healing.
Mentioned on the Show:
- When you’re ready to take what you’re learning on the podcast to the 10X level, then come check out Be Bold.
- If you’re a coach who is already certified through The Life Coach School, I want to help you take your coaching to the next level. Interested? Get on the waitlist here.
- Get on the waitlist for Business Minded here.
- Follow me on Instagram or Facebook!
- Grab the Podcast Roadmap!
- Better Than Happy: Connecting with Divinity through Conscious Thinking by Jody Moore
- Dr. John Delony: Facebook | Instagram | YouTube
- The Dr. John Delony Show
- Redefining Anxiety by Dr. John Delony
- Own Your Past Change Your Future by Dr. John Delony
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.