This is a story I’ve told before, but when I was in high school, I was dating a great guy. We were at the McDonald’s drive-thru, and the cashier was out of change. She said, “I don’t have the right change to give you unless you’re okay with dimes.” And my boyfriend said, “We love dimes.” Which was both an odd thing to say, and an amazing thing to say.
Approval power, like the kind my high school boyfriend had, is available to all of us. We can choose to love and approve of anything. And what I have found is that I am a much happier person when I decide to like something. Sure, there are still things I don’t like, and things I don’t ever want to approve of. But when you really dig into this, what you discover will blow your mind, guaranteed.
Join me on the podcast this week to discover why, when you decide to exercise your approval power, so much more of your life will become enjoyable. I’m sharing why we often decide we just don’t like something, or choose not to have an opinion on it, and what you can do instead to start increasing your approval power right now and experiencing the benefits.
It’s that time of year where you’re probably giving your house a deep spring clean, and your brain is in need of a good clean out too! I’m running a five-day workshop called Train Your Brain where this is exactly what we’ll be doing, and we’re going to be doing it together over Zoom! It’s happening from May 24th through the 28th, and it’s only $19, so what are you waiting for? See you there!
If you don’t currently have a life coach, I would be so honored to be yours. I created a virtual coaching program called Be Bold that I want to invite you to join me in. We have group coaching, individual private coaching, and online chats along with hundreds of hours of courses and content that I’ve created just for you. If you’re ready to take this work to the 10X level, click here to check it out!
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- Why it’s always an option to decide to like something, no matter how bad you think it is right now.
- What we make it mean when we say we don’t like something or don’t approve of it.
- Why not liking something never makes your life better.
- What’s really happening in your brain when deciding whether or not you approve of something.
- How to create approval power and use it to enjoy more about your life and even yourself.
Mentioned on the Show:
- When you’re ready to take what you’re learning on the podcast to the 10X level, then come check out Be Bold.
- If you’re a coach who is already certified through The Life Coach School, I want to help you take your coaching to the next level. Interested? Get on the waitlist here.
- Follow me on Instagram!
- Grab the Podcast Roadmap!
- Towards the end of this summer, I will be launching a business coaching program. To get on the interest list for when the doors open, click here.
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!