I have such a special treat for you listeners today. I am so pleased to bring you a conversation with my friend and fellow coach Kara Loewentheil. She agreed to come on the show and talk with me a little bit about a topic that affects so many people: body love.
Kara and I are opposites in so many ways in terms of our lives and values. However, it’s our common ground that we’re here to talk about today. Kara is a former lawyer turned life coach who specializes in coaching powerful feminist women. She’s brilliant, funny, and she even managed to refrain from swearing for the duration of this episode, so I can’t wait for you to hear what she has to share.
Kara has a slightly different approach than me when it comes to dieting and body image, and I know some of you listening do too. So tune in this week as I open myself up to the other side of the coin. And by the end of this episode, I really think we both understand each other a little better, even if we don’t agree 100%.
If you don’t currently have a life coach, I would be so honored to be yours. I created a virtual coaching program called Be Bold that I want to invite you to join me in. We have group coaching, individual private coaching, and online chats along with hundreds of hours of courses and content that I’ve created just for you. If you’re ready to take this work to the 10X level, click here to check it out!
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- Why it’s perfectly possible to love someone, even when you have disagreements on your fundamental beliefs.
- What Kara believes is missing from what we’re generally taught, even by coaches, about our brains and our bodies.
- The social messages that we have internalized as women and how they influence what we think we should do, our self-worth, and so much more.
- My own experiences with dieting and weight loss and interacting with others in this area.
- Why Kara believes that being a size two will never make her happy, even though a part of her brain sometimes thinks it might.
- Where Kara is coming from with her beliefs about dieting and body image and how we should be making decisions about our bodies.
- Why the choice of how you approach body image and dieting is ultimately completely up to you.
Mentioned on the Show:
- When you’re ready to take what you’re learning on the podcast to the 10X level, then come check out Be Bold.
- If you’re a coach who is already certified through The Life Coach School, I want to help you take your coaching to the next level. Interested? Get on the waitlist here.
- Follow me on Instagram!
- Grab the Podcast Roadmap!
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!