Relationships are a topic I teach on and talk about a lot. One thing I often offer to you is that we should let people be themselves, to stop trying to control them. And to be honest, I get a lot of confusion and even instances of anger in response. So to make sure you’re hearing my take on boundaries loud and clear, I’m taking a deep dive into the process of boundary-setting this week.
If setting boundaries is something you’re not comfortable with, the notion of having to do it can be terrifying. There are so many misconceptions about boundaries that make it impossible for you to set them, and this week, I’m showing you what the process really involves and why, although it’ll inevitably be hard at first, it’s the most empowering path forward.
Tune in this week as I show you what the process of boundary-setting entails and why doing this work can be so life-changing. I’m laying out the 4 misconceptions about setting boundaries that might be standing in your way, and why they don’t have to stop you from living the kind of life you truly want.
It’s that time of year where you’re probably giving your house a deep spring clean, and your brain is in need of a good clean out too! I’m running a five-day workshop called Train Your Brain where this is exactly what we’ll be doing, and we’re going to be doing it together over Zoom! It’s happening from May 24th through the 28th, and it’s only $19, so what are you waiting for? See you there!
If you don’t currently have a life coach, I would be so honored to be yours. I created a virtual coaching program called Be Bold that I want to invite you to join me in. We have group coaching, individual private coaching, and online chats along with hundreds of hours of courses and content that I’ve created just for you. If you’re ready to take this work to the 10X level, click here to check it out!
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- How to set effective boundaries.
- What 80% of the process of setting boundaries entails.
- Why the majority of the boundary-setting work is about you.
- How to have a boundary-setting conversation.
- 4 misconceptions many people have about boundaries.
Mentioned on the Show:
- When you’re ready to take what you’re learning on the podcast to the 10X level, then come check out Be Bold.
- If you’re a coach who is already certified through The Life Coach School, I want to help you take your coaching to the next level. Interested? Get on the waitlist here.
- Follow me on Instagram!
- Grab the Podcast Roadmap!
- Towards the end of this summer, I will be launching a business coaching program. To get on the interest list for when the doors open, click here.
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!