Don’t we all wish we could just be happy all the time? We believe feeling happy 24/7 would help us live our best lives, but the truth is there are many things we actually want to be unhappy about. And in most cases, being willing to be unhappy or uncomfortable in that moment will get you what you want in the long-term.
There are certain times in our lives when we truly want the end result, like a completed project, a healthier body, or having disciplined kids, but let’s be honest, doing the work of getting those results isn’t exactly easy or comfortable. This is where the choice of discomfort now or later comes in, because we all inherently want both the immediate gratification of ease, while also achieving our long-term goals.
Join me on the podcast this week as I show you the value of choosing discomfort sooner, and how choosing to either experience it now or later will bring you different results. Being willing to be uncomfortable requires conscious effort simply because we’re human, but practicing this will move you closer to your goals.
If you don’t currently have a life coach, I would be so honored to be yours. I created a virtual coaching program called Be Bold that I want to invite you to join me in. We have group coaching, individual private coaching, and online chats along with hundreds of hours of courses and content that I’ve created just for you. If you’re ready to take this work to the 10X level, click here to check it out!
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- How being happy all the time won’t actually help you create your best life.
- Why we all want both immediate gratification and long-term results.
- The solution to wanting both immediate gratification and your long-term result.
- How you’re postponing discomfort when you choose short-term pleasure and ease.
- Why you want to practice being willing to be uncomfortable.
- The difference between stuck pain and progression pain.
Mentioned on the Show:
- When you’re ready to take what you’re learning on the podcast to the 10X level, then come check out Be Bold.
- If you’re a coach who is already certified through The Life Coach School, I want to help you take your coaching to the next level. Interested? Get on the waitlist here.
- Follow me on Instagram!
- Grab the Podcast Roadmap!
- Tim Urban: Inside the Mind of a Master Procrastinator
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!