A friend of mine asked me recently, “Does The Model lack compassion?” They understand The Model and how I teach that our thoughts are what create our feelings. But they told me that when their wife does or says something he doesn’t like, for whatever reason, and he says to her, “That made me feel this way…” and she responds that it’s his thoughts creating that emotion, that’s where he thinks the lack of compassion comes in.
Now, I can totally see why someone would think this. And I want to dive into it a little deeper because while it’s true, that his thoughts are creating these feelings, this kind of interaction is not really how The Model was intended to be used.
Tune in this week to discover why I believe The Model does not lack compassion when used correctly. I’m sharing the ways I see people misusing The Model, misunderstanding its application. This work is not about using other people’s feelings against them or abdicating responsibility. So, if you’ve struggled with the idea that this tool lacks compassion, I invite you to listen closely.
If weight loss is something you truly want for your life, Brad Jensen and I are teaching a two-day live event together over October 20th and 21st called Macros and Mindset, and you can join us in person or via Zoom. We’re taking our expertise and combining them to set you up for success, whether your goal is to lose some weight, build some muscle, or just to feel better and have a better relationship with food, with or without changing. We’re covering everything nutrition, weight loss, and mindset, and we can’t wait to see you there!
If you don’t currently have a life coach, I would be so honored to be yours. I created a virtual coaching program called Be Bold that I want to invite you to join me in. We have group coaching, individual private coaching, and online chats along with hundreds of hours of courses and content that I’ve created just for you. If you’re ready to take this work to the 10X level, click here to check it out!
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- How The Model corrects our misunderstandings about the causes of our feelings.
- The ways we use The Model in coaching to help people achieve the outcomes they want.
- Why The Model was never meant as a tool to help you feel positive emotion 100% of the time.
- What you actually have control over, and how The Model helps you exercise that control in influencing your results.
- Why, when used properly, I don’t believe The Model lacks compassion.
- How I see people using The Model in a way that was never intended and ultimately won’t work.
Mentioned on the Show:
- When you’re ready to take what you’re learning on the podcast to the 10X level, then come check out Be Bold.
- If you’re a coach who is already certified through The Life Coach School, I want to help you take your coaching to the next level. Interested? Get on the waitlist here.
- Follow me on Instagram or Facebook!
- Grab the Podcast Roadmap!
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!