I shared a podcast episode almost a year ago now that turned out to be one of our most downloaded episodes. So, for those of you who are new here, this is your opportunity to listen in as I walk you through an extremely important topic, and for those of you who are regulars, this is your chance to apply this work to deepen your growth.
Expectations are a normal and natural part of the human experience. Relationships play such a crucial role in our overall state of wellbeing and happiness, and we all create stories of what different people are supposed to be like. While those easy, happy relationships in our lives are great and fulfilling, I want to offer to you that those difficult people that come along every now and then are our most valuable teachers.
If you’re finding yourself resentful, angry, or hurt by other people, you need to listen in. This is not a lesson in ditching all your expectations, but rather noticing the ones that are causing you pain so you can leverage them, and I’m guiding you through the path of beginning to truly enjoy and love the people in your life.
If you don’t currently have a life coach, I would be so honored to be yours. I created a virtual coaching program called Be Bold that I want to invite you to join me in. We have group coaching, individual private coaching, and online chats along with hundreds of hours of courses and content that I’ve created just for you. If you’re ready to take this work to the 10X level, click here to check it out!
Towards the end of this summer, I will be launching my business coaching program, Business Minded. To get on the interest list for when the doors open, click here.
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- What it means to have a “manual” for someone in your life.
- How we inadvertently punish ourselves with the expectations we have for others.
- Why I encourage you to drop your expectations of other people.
- The lies that we tell ourselves about our expectations.
- What “clean pain” means.
- How I help my clients release their expectations.
- Why dropping out of self-righteousness and judgment is key to having healthy relationships.
Mentioned on the Show:
- When you’re ready to take what you’re learning on the podcast to the 10X level, then come check out Be Bold.
- If you’re a coach who is already certified through The Life Coach School, I want to help you take your coaching to the next level. Interested? Get on the waitlist here.
- Follow me on Instagram or Facebook!
- Grab the Podcast Roadmap!
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!