Are you focused on the past, or are you future-focused? Future focus is a concept that I learned when I went through coach training, and I thought, “That’s neat.” But over time, I’ve gained an amazing appreciation for how powerful it is, and how challenging it is if you’re not aware of your brain’s tendency to go to the past.
I see this coming up for my clients over and over again, where they tend to want to focus on the past, which makes sense because looking to the past is super easy. However, in coaching, we like to spend more time in the future, and if you can start shifting to future focus more of the time, I guarantee it will 10X your results.
Tune in this week to discover how to start creating the future that you want from a place of intention. I’m sharing the problem with letting your brain look to the past to decide where your problem is in the present, and how you can start looking forward with future focus instead.
I am teaching a five-day workshop called Train Your Brain, and you’re invited to join me. We’re doing a 90-minute Zoom call every day where I’m teaching you how to get your head in the right place to be able to achieve your goals and solve your problems. I’ll even be doing live coaching. All you have to do is raise your hand! And the best part is it’s only $19. And if you can’t make the call live or you want to watch them again, they will all be recorded for you to watch any time. Click here to join us.
If you enjoy this podcast, or even if it just piques your curiosity and makes you think, you’re going to love my book, Better Than Happy: Connecting with Divinity Through Conscious Thinking. It’s available now on Amazon for Kindle, in print, and on Audible!
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- Why coaching is about looking forward, not back.
- What we can learn from looking to the past, but why we don’t want to spend too long there.
- How to see where you’re going to the past and getting stuck there.
- What our brain does when we start looking to the past to face a current circumstance.
- How to start the work of redirecting your brain towards the future.
Mentioned on the Show:
- When you’re ready to take what you’re learning on the podcast to the 10X level, then come check out Be Bold.
- If you’re a coach who is already certified through The Life Coach School, I want to help you take your coaching to the next level. Interested? Get on the waitlist here.
- Follow me on Instagram or Facebook!
- Grab the Podcast Roadmap!
- Better Than Happy: Connecting with Divinity through Conscious Thinking by Jody Moore
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!