Many of us grew up believing, for various reasons, that we would one day get married and have a spouse that would meet our needs. But I am of the opinion that it is our job to meet our own needs. And the romanticized idea that someone else is going to “complete” us can actually be really toxic. It creates problems in marriages and families, and it’s not even true.
This is a controversial topic for some people. People often misunderstand what I mean when I talk about meeting your own needs, and I only have myself to blame for that. So this week, I’m going to thoroughly explain myself, and teach you how to start meeting your own needs.
Tune in this week to discover the four steps to meeting your own needs. I’m sharing why relying on other people to meet our needs is a losing battle, and why even though our needs are complicated and difficult to manage sometimes, they’re an incredible gift from Heavenly Father.
It’s that time of year again where we offer 12-month access to Be Bold. This is the perfect clutter-free gift for either yourself or a loved one, and it even comes with a free copy of my book! So if you know someone that could benefit from more confidence, inspiration, and positive thoughts, click here to give it to them!
If you enjoy this podcast, or even if it just piques your curiosity and makes you think, you’re going to love my book, Better Than Happy: Connecting with Divinity Through Conscious Thinking. It’s available now on Amazon for Kindle, in print, and on Audible!
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- Where the belief comes from that we need other people to meet our needs.
- The material and emotional needs we all have as human beings.
- How to see where your needs are not being met, by yourself or anyone else.
- Why nobody outside of us can actually meet our needs.
- How our needs are a gift from our Heavenly Parents to drive us toward our best life.
- Why I believe every single one of us has the ability to meet our own needs.
- 4 steps to start meeting your own needs.
Mentioned on the Show:
- When you’re ready to take what you’re learning on the podcast to the 10X level, then come check out Be Bold.
- If you’re a coach who is already certified through The Life Coach School, I want to help you take your coaching to the next level. Interested? Get on the waitlist here.
- Follow me on Instagram or Facebook!
- Grab the Podcast Roadmap!
- Better Than Happy: Connecting with Divinity through Conscious Thinking by Jody Moore
- Orangetheory Fitness
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!