You might have heard of set points before in the form of your weight set point – the point at which your body is most comfortable. Now, it’s important to note the word comfortable here, rather than the point at which your body is most healthy. This is crucial for understanding how your brain finds a way to balance out your levels of happiness.
Your happiness set point is an incredibly important area to get your thoughts straight on. This seems counterintuitive but stick with me here. Your happiness set point is the level of happiness that your brain is comfortable with. If you get too happy or too unhappy, your brain is going to kick in and try to readdress the balance. While this is a completely natural reaction for the brain to have, it could just be holding you back without you even realizing.
Join me on the podcast this week and discover how to become more comfortable outside of your happiness set point, leaving you free to experience more of the joy that life has to offer, and feeling more comfortable in the negative emotions that get thrown your way.
If there is somebody in your life that you think would benefit from an annual membership for my private coaching program Be Bold, click here for more information on how you can give it as a gift this Christmas!
As well as ASK JODY ANYTHING, I’m hosting a couple of webinars over the next few weeks around dealing with anxiety and how to deal with loved ones questioning or leaving the church. Click here to find out more.
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- How I define your happiness set point.
- Why we always return to this happiness set point after experiencing a big swing in our happiness level.
- The ways our brains try to convince us that, “We’ll be happy when…”
- How to identify your own happiness set point.
- Why the ability to be comfortable outside of your happiness set point is such an incredibly useful skill.
- How you might be mitigating your own levels of happiness unconsciously because you’re uncomfortable with how happy, or unhappy, you are.
Mentioned on the Show:
- Join me for the next Ask Jody Anything coaching call!
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!