As a member of a community, business owner, and mother, diversity, equity, and inclusion are topics I still need some education on, and this is true for many of us. Even if we understand the importance of this topic, some of us are still a little afraid to dive deeper. So, I’ve got the perfect guest to bring this discussion to the podcast.
My guest this week is Conlon Bonner, who is part of the talented musical Bonner Family. I’ve been lucky enough to work closely with Conlon, and when he told me recently he’s been helping organizations become more inclusive, I knew I needed to bring him onto the show. He frames the tools of diversity, equity, and inclusion in a way that everybody can understand, doesn’t politicize the issue, and is a great place to start for anyone new to this space.
Tune in to this week’s episode to learn about navigating the landscape of diversity, equity, and inclusion without the usual political tensions, or the overtones of shame and blame that often color such discussions. We will be broaching sensitive issues such as white privilege, emphasizing the need for open, graceful communication devoid of judgment, and you will find out how these types of dialogues can contribute to positive changes in the world.
If you want to take what you’re learning on the podcast and take it to the next level, implementing these lessons in your life, you need to join The Lab! It encompasses all the best parts of Be Bold while creating an environment that better serves the audience of this podcast. Click here for more details.
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- What it really means to be inclusive and why it’s okay to notice our differences.
- How inclusivity has become a sensitive, loaded issue in some spaces.
- Why politicizing the issue of diversity, equity, and inclusion doesn’t help anyone.
- Some of the sticky points when it comes to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- The value of offering grace when having conversations about diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Why Conlon thinks of our communities as a mosaic rather than a melting pot.
- Conlon’s advice for beginning to embrace the sometimes divisive concepts of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Mentioned on the Show:
- Coaching changed my life and I’ve watched it change the lives of thousands of men and women since. But is it right for you? You’ll only know by giving it a try. Try it out today by clicking here.
- Come check out Be Bold
- If you’re a coach who is already certified through The Life Coach School, I want to help you take your coaching to the next level. Interested? Get on the waitlist here.
- Get on the waitlist for Business Minded here.
- Follow me on Instagram or Facebook!
- Grab the Podcast Roadmap!
- Better Than Happy: Connecting with Divinity through Conscious Thinking by Jody Moore
- Follow my brand new business Instagram account where I’ll be sharing my business tips for all you entrepreneurs!
- Check out this episode on my YouTube channel
- Conlon Bonner: Website | Instagram | YouTube
- The Bonner Family: Instagram | YouTube
- Time Out for Women
- Elemental – movie
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.