I’ve had a few different jobs in my time, ran a couple of marathons, built a million-dollar business, but to be honest, I believe that raising kids is by far the hardest work on the planet. To the mothers of grownup kids, I bow down to you. But I’ve been having some conversations recently which have shown me that some of you don’t think you did an amazing job.
I have 10 things that I want to discuss today around how you think about your adult children in relation to your own life. I hear all the time, “I wish I would have had this work while I was raising my kids.” But this thought is a waste of your brainpower, and I want to show you why everything you did in the past, you did absolutely how you were supposed to.
Join me on the podcast this week to discover how to have the best possible experience as a mother and enjoy a wonderful fully-present relationship with your grownup kids. As parents, we tell ourselves so much that stops us from believing that we are the best possible version of ourselves, so I’m sharing 10 beliefs that, if you can embody them, will improve every aspect of your life exponentially.
For all the coaches out there, I have an amazing opportunity in the works. We all know that confident coaches are the best coaches, so I am creating a program that is designed to increase your coaching skills, and your confidence in your coaching ability. If you’re a certified coach, click here to get on the waitlist for more details.
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- Why there is no value in thinking you should have raised your kids any differently than you did.
- Who the work I teach here at Better than Happy applies to.
- Why it’s never too late to focus on the future, whatever stage of life you’re at.
- The importance of understanding that you’re never going to do things perfectly.
- How I see parents punishing themselves by hanging their happiness on their adult kids’ decisions.
- What makes for the best relationship between you and your adult children.
- Why you are 100% lovable just the way you are.
Mentioned on the Show:
- When you’re ready to take what you’re learning on the podcast to the 10X level, then come check out Be Bold.
- If you’re a coach who is already certified through The Life Coach School, I want to help you take your coaching to the next level. Interested? Get on the waitlist here.
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!