I coach a lot of people who want to help others in their life who they see struggling. Often they’ll try to help, but then they just end up despairing because as much as they want to help, they can’t control the other person. There are even situations in our own lives that directly impact us that we can’t control either. So, in this episode, I’m introducing you to a super-simple but effective concept: Not My Business.
When my client’s brain is running away with itself, I offer my client the thought, “That is not my business…” and the effect is truly profound. I’m giving you eight different scenarios where this thought will empower you in redirecting your brain towards what is useful and away from the things that might be causing you pain, setting yourself free from the things that are outside of your control.
Tune in this week to discover how to see an external situation and, instead of burdening yourself by getting involved and trying to change things, tell yourself, “This is none of my business.” I’m sharing how to identify when a situation is none of your business so you can approach others with compassion, positivity, and understanding instead of trying to fix them.
During the summer months, I like to offer you a little extra help when it comes to your business endeavors. Whether it’s a business you’re launching or growing, or you’re working on a project or side gig, I have an amazing free resource to help you. I’ve set up the Business Minded Facebook Group. I’ll be going live every week, teaching business strategies and mindset techniques, taking questions, and it’s all totally free! Click here to get involved.
I’m in the midst of planning a conference for entrepreneurs, specifically geared towards women with conservative values. If you want to start your business and don’t want to change your value system in order to be successful, you’ll want to join us for Impact 2.0. It’s happening July 27th and 28th in Salt Lake City, so click here to find out more and register!
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- Why taking on other people’s problems weighs on us so heavily.
- 8 scenarios where you can tell yourself, “This is none of my business…”
- Why it’s none of our business how anyone else chooses to live their lives, especially other adults.
- How this tool sets you free from a mindset of judgment and criticism.
- Why saying, “It’s not my business” doesn’t mean you don’t care about the person or situation.
- The situations that relate directly to you that are none of your business, like what might go wrong in the future.
- What you can do to manage your mind and your emotional response to any situation.
- How to keep your brain focused on the things that are your business, so you can make a positive impact on the world around you.
Mentioned on the Show:
- When you’re ready to take what you’re learning on the podcast to the 10X level, then come check out Be Bold.
- If you’re a coach who is already certified through The Life Coach School, I want to help you take your coaching to the next level. Interested? Get on the waitlist here.
- Get on the waitlist for Business Minded here.
- Follow me on Instagram or Facebook!
- Grab the Podcast Roadmap!
- Better Than Happy: Connecting with Divinity through Conscious Thinking by Jody Moore
- Rob Bell
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.