Some of you might already know how obsessed I am with our guest today, Hank Smith. He was on the podcast about a year or so ago, and I’m so excited to have him back today to talk about his new book, Living the Parables.
Hank is a professor of religion at Brigham Young University and is a speaker at tons of different events like RootsTech, EFY, and Time Out for Women. He knows the scriptures inside out and I’m so grateful to have him here to talk us through the Parables and some of his interpretations of them.
I had so much fun with Hank, so join us today as he takes us through the things we study in the scriptures and makes them relatable for everyone. I definitely learned a lot from him in this conversation, and I can’t wait for you to gain a new perspective on the meanings of the Parables too.
I have the most perfect Christmas gift that you can give yourself or your loved ones! You can now get an annual membership pass to Be Bold as well a special booklet called I Could Be Right: Wisdom from Jody Moore that you can only get with the annual pass. It’s got tons of amazing sketches and captions that would be perfect on your coffee table or for your kids to pick up and learn something from! Click here to find out more.
As well as ASK JODY ANYTHING, I’m hosting a couple of webinars over the next few weeks around dealing with anxiety and how to deal with loved ones questioning or leaving the church. Click here to find out more.
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- Why the Parables are Hank’s favorite part of the New Testament.
- How the Parables can be lost on us if we don’t understand the context.
- Hank’s interpretation of the Parable of the 10 Virgins.
- How the little things in the Parables can change your understanding of them.
- Why Hank believes the Parables can make a difference in your life.
Mentioned on the Show:
- Join me for the next Ask Jody Anything coaching call!
- Hank Smith: Website | Twitter | Facebook
- Living the Parables by Hank Smith
- Hank at RootsTech
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!