One of my favorite things to discover when coaching people is when they have a thought that sounds positive, full of happy-sounding and pretty words, but that isn’t actually serving them through driving authentic actions they need to take to love their lives more. I call this pretending.
Now, it’s okay to pretend sometimes. But in most cases, it’s not useful. So if you’ve found yourself in a situation where you’re worried about your child, resentful toward your partner, or judging your friend and you have to pretend you’re not by being reassuring, nice, or anything that’s not what you authentically want to do, you need to tune in this week.
Tune in this week to discover the problem with pretending. I’m sharing why, despite seeming noble and harmless, pretending isn’t serving you or anyone else in your life, it isn’t coming from integrity, and how to have fully authentic and honest relationships instead.
I am teaching a five-day workshop called Train Your Brain, and you’re invited to join me. We’re doing a 90-minute Zoom call every day where I’m teaching you how to get your head in the right place to be able to achieve your goals and solve your problems. I’ll even be doing live coaching. All you have to do is raise your hand! And the best part is it’s only $19. And if you can’t make the call live or you want to watch them again, they will all be recorded for you to watch any time. Click here to join us.
If you enjoy this podcast, or even if it just piques your curiosity and makes you think, you’re going to love my book, Better Than Happy: Connecting with Divinity Through Conscious Thinking. It’s available now on Amazon for Kindle, in print, and on Audible!
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- Why pretending goes in the action line of The Model.
- How pretending in your relationships always has the opposite effect you want it to.
- Where true connection comes from and why it is nurtured through authenticity.
- How to see whether you’re in a relationship that relies on you pretending or being inauthentic.
- The influence you’re trying to have over others when you’re in a place of pretending.
- 3 alternatives to pretending, none of which involve hurting the other person.
Mentioned on the Show:
- When you’re ready to take what you’re learning on the podcast to the 10X level, then come check out Be Bold.
- If you’re a coach who is already certified through The Life Coach School, I want to help you take your coaching to the next level. Interested? Get on the waitlist here.
- Follow me on Instagram or Facebook!
- Grab the Podcast Roadmap!
- Better Than Happy: Connecting with Divinity through Conscious Thinking by Jody Moore
- Gary Vaynerchuk
- Brooke Castillo
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!