I want to talk about something this week that I’ve been working on with my own coach. I’ve been preparing this podcast for a while now because I wanted it to be perfectly articulated, and I think I’m ready to share it with all of you.
The shame, blame trap – some of you may not have heard of it, but I guarantee you’ve been in it at some point or another. When we perceive something has gone wrong, often, the first emotion we experience is an internal shame. What’s the best way to get out of shame? Blame somebody else. And when that feels bad, we go back to shaming ourselves. And this is the loop of the shame, blame trap.
Join me on the podcast this week to discover how to see whether you’re stuck in the loop of the shame, blame trap as a result of believing thoughts that are unproven. Nobody is perfect, so I’m sharing how to get yourself out of this thought pattern by embracing the truth and beauty of the world we live in.
I have the most perfect Christmas gift that you can give yourself or your loved ones! You can now get an annual membership pass to Be Bold as well a special booklet called I Could Be Right: Wisdom from Jody Moore that you can only get with the annual pass. It’s got tons of amazing sketches and captions that would be perfect on your coffee table or for your kids to pick up and learn something from! Click here to find out more.
As well as ASK JODY ANYTHING, I’m hosting a couple of webinars over the next few weeks around dealing with anxiety and how to deal with loved ones questioning or leaving the church. Click here to find out more.
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- Why the shame, blame loop feels like a solution, but only serves to help us feel terrible, which we don’t want long-term.
- What we are trying to achieve when we get ourselves deeper into the shame, blame loop.
- Why our brains sometimes get in the way of the truth in our lives.
- How blaming and shaming takes away our power entirely.
- How to use your awareness to drop down beneath the brain chatter and remove yourself from the shame, blame trap.
Mentioned on the Show:
- Join me for the next Ask Jody Anything coaching call!
- Bev Aron – The Deep Dive Coach
- The Joy Warrior on Instagram
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!