Habits are the things that, as humans, we’ve done so many times that we can carry them out without even having to focus on them. The habits that we build can be anywhere from incredibly valuable to very unproductive. As we’re coming up on a new year, I’m sure a lot of you are listing out bad habits you want to drop and some good habits you want to take up.
There is one habit that most of us humans on Earth have mastered entirely, and that is giving ourselves false pleasure. We all indulge in false pleasures, myself included. They feel like something we’re doing to give ourselves energy or relief in the moment, and that seems harmless, right? But they might actually be preventing you from experiencing long-term joy.
Join me on the podcast this week to discover how to identify your false pleasure habits and the negative impact they might be having in your life. Once you can identify your false pleasures, you can start to see how much better your life might be without them.
I’m doing a live webinar in January on why goals are unnecessary. So, if you’ve been setting New Year’s resolutions all your life and they’re not working out, then it might be time to try a different approach. Click here to join me on the next Ask Jody Anything call.
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- How to identify the habits you have picked up in your life.
- What makes false pleasure so hard to walk away from, and the benefits of moderation over abstaining.
- How false pleasure feels good in the moment but actually sabotages us in the long run.
- Why not all false pleasures are as obvious as others, but can all be just as unhelpful.
- My own seemingly harmless false pleasure and how even dropping that habit would change things in my life.
Mentioned on the Show:
- Join me for the next Ask Jody Anything coaching call!
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!