The holiday season is right around the corner, and while this is an exciting time for some of us, there are so many people out there who are a little nervous. I know many of you will be seeing family that you don’t normally spend time with, maybe you’re not particularly close with them, and perhaps they’re kind of challenging to be around.
Over the past couple of years, we’ve gone through some really polarizing traumas as a society, and so now would be a great time to start thinking about navigating those situations when you’re with family members who have opinions that you may find difficult to listen to. So, that’s what we’re diving into in this episode.
Tune in this week to get your head in the right place when it comes to navigating family with diverse worldviews. Whether it’s religious views, political ideals, ideas about COVID and vaccinations, I’m sharing how to ease some of the stress around these situations, so you can give yourself the best chance of enjoying a holiday season free from contention and arguments.
I’m so excited to announce that my book will be coming out soon! It’s been years in the making. It’s called Better Than Happy: Connecting with Divinity through Conscious Thought. Now, this book has a more spiritual message than a lot of the work I put out there, but I’d love for you to read it and see what you discover. To learn more or preorder your copy, click here!
If you don’t currently have a life coach, I would be so honored to be yours. I created a virtual coaching program called Be Bold that I want to invite you to join me in. We have group coaching, individual private coaching, and online chats along with hundreds of hours of courses and content that I’ve created just for you. If you’re ready to take this work to the 10X level, click here to check it out!
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- Why we feel connected to people who share our worldview and more disconnected from the ones that don’t.
- How I choose to view these situations where it could be easy for conflict and negative emotion to arise.
- The crucial differences between persuasion and manipulation.
- Why we want to try to convince people that they’re misunderstood and give them our side of the argument.
- The truth about the thought, “I just want everyone to have a good time.”
- How to clean up your own head and find peace if you know you have some challenging conversations coming up over the holidays.
Mentioned on the Show:
- When you’re ready to take what you’re learning on the podcast to the 10X level, then come check out Be Bold.
- If you’re a coach who is already certified through The Life Coach School, I want to help you take your coaching to the next level. Interested? Get on the waitlist here.
- Follow me on Instagram or Facebook!
- Grab the Podcast Roadmap!
- Better Than Happy: Connecting with Divinity through Conscious Thinking by Jody Moore
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!