Something I coach many individuals on, myself included, is the idea of being wrong. As humans, we instinctively don’t like to be wrong. We just naturally operate in this way. That being said, it’s incredibly powerful to dig a little deeper into why we so desperately want to be right and hold onto what we think is right, even when it might not feel great.
Maybe you find yourself engaging in a debate or argument to the detriment of your relationships, just to be right at the end of the day. We make being right mean something about us, and holding onto something being right or wrong just isn’t serving you, which is why today, I’m offering up a different perspective to show you why being wrong isn’t as terrible as you might be making it mean right now.
Join me today as I show you why we, as humans, don’t like to be wrong, and why this is work we all have to continually do on ourselves. Being wrong can feel terrible when shame joins the picture, but what if there was nothing wrong with being wrong? We’re all going to get it wrong half of the time, out of ignorance or even intentionally, and as soon as you can make peace with that, you’re free to love yourself and others deeply.
For all the coaches out there, I have an amazing opportunity in the works. We all know that confident coaches are the best coaches, so I am creating a program that is designed to increase your coaching skills, and your confidence in your coaching ability. If you’re a certified coach, click here to get on the waitlist for more details.
What You’ll Learn on this Episode:
- Why we so desperately want to hold on to what we think is right.
- What I mean by “wrong” in this conversation.
- How we think there is more right or wrong in this world than there actually is.
- What holding onto the idea of something being right or wrong is creating for you.
- Why being wrong makes us feel terrible.
- The difference between guilt and shame.
- How feeling bad about being wrong keeps you stuck.
- Why I want to be open to the possibility of being wrong.
Mentioned on the Show:
- Brené Brown
- Ep #255: Examining Racism
- When you’re ready to take what you’re learning on the podcast to the 10X level, then come check out Be Bold.
- If you’re a coach who is already certified through The Life Coach School, I want to help you take your coaching to the next level. Interested? Get on the waitlist here.
- Follow me on Instagram!
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!